What is Shockwave Therapy?
Extracorporeal (outside of the body) shockwave therapy (ESWT) is a non-invasive and safe technique. It is a highly reliable form of a treatment, research and clinical trials support its effectiveness.
Shock waves are focused, single pressure pulses, propagate rapidly in 3D space. A series of low energy acoustic wave pulsations are applied directly to the tendon and surrounding muscle groups. This energy promotes regeneration and reparative process of the bones, tendons and other soft tissues.
What does Schockwave Therapy treat:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder pain, e.g. calcific lesions of the rotator cuff and bony spurs
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfer‘s elbow)
- Patellar tendonitis (jumper‘s knee)
- Tibial stress syndrome (shin pain)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Hip pain
- Heel pain, heel spurs